Wednesday, January 14, 2009

flowery velvet monstrosity


I was going through my mother's closet, and came across this velvet monstrosity. However, I firmly believe that there's nothing that a cropped blazer and a pair of ankle boots can't save. A little chanel never hurts either.




Dress: Mothers, Shoes: Bongo, Tights: Target, Blazer: H&M Belt: Uniqlo (worn backwards), Bag: Chanel

These ribbed knit tights are crazy warm. Like my-legs-were-sweating-during-class warm. Need to get more.

Sorry I haven't been posting as much. All I've been doing all week is writing college essays while watching Who's Line re-runs on youtube. That probably explains why I have to finish three more before tomorrow night. Ugh.




Richard Simmons > College apps

I have a college interview in 2 hours. Save me.

ps. thanks for all the lovely comments. You guys rock. :)

20 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh good luck! You'll rock it.

And I need warm tights so bad, England is like -10 where I am. And I refuse to wear trousers to school, I just hate the tackiness! School uniform is such a drag. haha.

You made the dress look so hot! You got skillz. haha.

x x x

Alice said...

omg, that is the sweetest mini-dress (or shirt?)! and you pair it so well with the ribbed tights and the blazer!

the blazer's perfect - i need a perfect blazer as well!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

Love it! (and "whose line is it anyway?")

Nita-Karoliina said...

you look fabulous! i really like that backround too!good luck for the interview!

TheMinx said...

sooo cute, the chanel bag is to die for. And omg i had forgotten about who's line! You've reminded me how ridiculously hilarious that show is.

Mona said...

Great outfit! And good luck with your interview :)

Trembling mind. said...

Wow, I'm amazed by your great sense in dressing. Great blog.

STARR said...

It looks so pretty! You definitely salvaged it ;)

THE BAT said...

awesome! adding you right now.

Lydia said...

Everytime I see you've posted, I get super stoked! You have a really really great sense of style, and if I haven't added you to my blogroll already, you are most definitely getting added!

letslivefast said...

good luck with your interview!
that outfit is really well put together :)

ps- check out our new january style spotlight!

-MJ

Vi said...

I couldn't even tell it was your mom's until I actually read what you typed up. It looks so modern with the jacket, boots, and tights (:

Miranda said...

i actually love the floral velvet dress..its perfect!

HoneyBunny said...

great classic outfit! I love the way u look! and I've just discovered your blog..I'm sure I'll be coming back..:)

Trendy Gourmandise said...

nice outfit

VANESSA DATORRE and LEIRE URZAIZ said...

Love the chanel bag!! its perfect!!
Cool blog!!

wholesale jewelry said...

Like you blog very muck!

Vintage Tea said...

Another great outfit! I love the dress
x

miky said...

love the look!

Camille said...

Oh, I'm just hooked on your wardrobe. I am adding you to my bloglist!